Monday 18 March 2013

My Target Audience

My music magazine's primary target audience shall be both males and females aged between 16-30 who are passionate about the metal genres. I believe that fictional and established bands that are featured within the magazine will equally attract a variety of Metal fans, without favouring a particular sex. The target audience will enjoy seeing mainstream bands at large arenas, but will still keep an eye out for any new and upcoming bands that may be worth seeing in smaller, more intimate venues. They will be the sort of person who spends their money on going to concerts, buying band merchandise and investing in the latest album of one of their favourite bands. My Audience's favourite music may include that from bands such as Rammstein, Slipknot, Bullet For My Valentine or shock artist Marilyn Manson, as well as iconic classics such as Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath or Metallica. Some will prefer smaller bands such as Cancer Bats, Turisas or Airbourne. It is important that I reach quite a broad spectrum within the Metal genres and their fans as there are currently few established Metal magazines, and thus I have to ensure mine is comparable, both in quality and audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment