Sunday 10 March 2013

Photo shoot for Preliminary Task


As photos are a prominent part of any school newsletter, I conducted gathered a range of photos, taken by myself, to use within my newsletter. Below is a screen-capture of all of the raw images that took, although there are some imperfections and problems with some photos, and so I will narrow the amount of photos that could be used in the final newsletter. The students and teachers used were willing participants and all signed release forms, giving me their permission to use images in which they were included. I used Sixth Form Students to create a more mature and college-like feel to my newsletter, which relates to my ideology that has been previously explained. As well as taking photos of the front of the school and the newly built D(eyes) building, I created a number of scenarios, such as a student studying, working on a board, conducting a science experiment and a technology technician working. Overall I took 44 photos.




The only problems that were encountered during the photo shoot were problems with lighting. Some of the locations of the pictures contained quite dim lighting. However, in most cases, this can be combated and solved through editing using software such as Photoshop. There was a minor problem of students wandering in to long shots of the D-building, but again, this may be altered and removed using editing.

A second, smaller photo shoot may be required to achieve some of the desired shots that were not achieved previously due insufficient amounts of light or due to previously inaccessible locations for example.
Below is a screen-capture of some of the more useful images that are currently suitable or have the potential to be through editing using Photoshop. Once the photos have been edited, I shall consider whether they are still suitable for the positions within the newsletter that I had previously created in my mock-ups, or whether they would fit better in a different position etc.

A couple of examples...






As you can see, the image on the bottom is more suitable than that on the top as the camera is more level, filling the frame more, and allowing a greater impression that a science experiment is being conducted, with more flame being visible and the male student in the foreground appearing to be concentrating more.









This is another example of how I had to make decisions about my raw photos and decide whether they could or had the potential to fit in to my newsletter. As you can see, in the top image the student is laughing, whereas he is not in the one below, thus meaning I would use the lower one as it creates a more mature and studious feel, which is what I want for my newsletter.



No comments:

Post a Comment