Friday 12 April 2013

Some Final Shots (Including Editing)

After thoroughly going through and analysing the raw images, I managed to narrow my selection down to 38 images that could be suitable for the magazine, and so can now move on to the editing process.


Above are some examples of the editing that took place in relation to the preparation of my raw images for the magazine itself:


With this image, I used the Clone Stamp tool to remove the guitar hanger from the wall, as well as the corner of the wall itself. Once this was done, I used the 'curves' tool to adjust the brightness/contrast levels of the image. This image may be used for the double page spread, although it is likely I shall use another.



This is one of my favourite from my photo shoot, however, as clear above, the image was too dark to use as it was. Therefore, I used the 'curves' tool again to make the image brighter and thus useable. This image will be used as a secondary image on the front cover to coincide with the double page spread.





This image had minimal editing. I simply used the crop tool to remove some of the excess on the left and yet again used the 'curves' tool to make the image brighter. 



For this image, I cropped around the edge of the record, as the rest wasn't useful. Upon realising the record itself was not straight, I slightly adjusted the angle of the object to make it more suitable for the use in mind on the cover, even though this could be done when placing the object.






No comments:

Post a Comment