Monday 25 February 2013

Preliminary Task - Newsletter Mock ups



This is a Mock up of the school newsletter I shall create for my preliminary task (which has been produced using Microsoft Publisher). I have tried to produce a newsletter that is more resemblent of a magazine to create the formality that I want, to successfully target parents.

The top of the page shall include a tagline/ motto of 'Care, Courtesy and Common Sense' as this is a well known and respected motto of Deyes High School, but also aligns with the ideology of my newsletter. The main feature of the front page shall be a large, central image that depicts a 6th Form student conducting a science experiment as this portrays a maturity and professionalism, which I require to successfuly target the parents of the students that attend Deyes High. The masthead of my newsletter will be 'Deyes News' as this is simple and straight to the point, but is also quite mature. I considered manipulating 'Deyes' to create a pun, such as 'ToDeyes News' or 'Information for Deyes' but i do not think this gives the correct impression to target parents. Cover lines shall also be included to give the reader some idea of what topics shall be discussed inside. At the bottom of the cover, details such as the issue number, date and contact details will be included as this is a recurring and very important feature of a newsletter/magazine. Finally, the colour scheme of the front cover shall consist of variations of white, blue and red as this is the colour scheme of Deyes High, however I shall ensure not to use the primary versions of these colours as they are garish and unprofessional.    

No comments:

Post a Comment